Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Update cookies preferences

Support for my child

Support for my child

Supporting your child's needs

Understand more about Special Educational Needs (SEN) and what support is available to your child to meet your needs.

Education and childcare (0 to 25)

Discover what education options are available from early years to post-16, including information about choosing the right primary and secondary school for your child.


Find out what support is available from York’s health services, including from York and Scarborough Teaching Hospital and Tees Esk and Wear Valleys Trust (TEWV) for mental health care and autism assessments.

Social care

Find out what support is available from City of York Council’s social care service, including how social workers can support you and your child, referral processes and information about short breaks.

Leisure and play

York has a range of leisure and play activities for children aged 0 to 25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. From accessible sports to arts and crafts to youth groups for everyone.